guardianship services New JerseyDoes your parent need a Guardian? If Dad becomes mentally incapacitated to the point where he should not be handling his own financial affairs, he may need a guardian. If Dad didn’t execute a proper Power of Attorney appointing someone in charge of his finances, he unfortunately will need a Financial Guardian. We work with many attorneys who specialize in the field of guardianships. They can apply to the Court to have a Financial Guardian appointed and a Personal Guardian also if necessary. A family member, if appropriate, may be appointed as the Financial Guardian.

If no family member is available or suitable, Urbach & Avraham, CPAs Partner, Pamela Avraham, can serve as Financial Guardian. Pamela is a Registered Guardian by the National Guardianship Association. She has been active in the Guardianship Association of New Jersey for over 15 years and currently serves as its Treasurer.

Working with Urbach & Avraham, CPAs is different than other New Jersey CPA firms because we truly know what you're going through. Our personal experiences include Pamela Avraham's story about how she protected her father's assets when he was struck with dementia and CPA Claire Snow's story about her elderly mother's aid had been writing large checks and forging her mother's signature.

Tax Services for Financial Guardians

Our CPA firm assists family member Financial Guardians with the myriad of accounting and tax requirements. Contact us at 732-777-1158 to learn more or request a consultation through our website now.

  • Locating assets of the ward
  • Establishing a budget for the ward’s personal and health needs
  • Income tax planning
  • Filing U.S. and State income taxes
  • Resolving open tax issues with the IRS and state tax divisions
  • Preparing court accountings
  • Insuring all assets of the wards
  • Structuring cash flow while minimizing income taxes
  • Maintaining real estate of ward
  • Estate planning
  • Payroll taxes for home health aides

national guardianship association